Friday 9 March 2012

About Me

Scott Vessey


VMware Certified Professional 2/3/4/5 (VCP)
VMware Certified Advanced Professional 4 - Datacenter Administration (VCAP-DCA)
VMware Certified Instructor (VCI)
VMware vExpert 2010-2012

I joined VMware in March 2012 and am currently the Program Manager for the EMEA Solution Engineering organisation - I help the leadership team build and implement change programs for the 700+ employees in the organisation.

I have worked intimately with VMware virtualisation products and technologies since 2006, when I also gained my initial VCP and VCI certifications. Prior to joining VMware I worked as the Lead Virtualisation Instructor for Global Knowledge, and before that I was the Training Operations Manager for the virtualisation training team at Magirus.

I am a major contributor to the official VMware Training & Certifcation community forums and I also contribute to other certification-related forums. As well as this blog I can also be found on Twitter and LinkedIn where I also run a group related to VMware training and certification.

Feel free to send me an email if there's anything related to VMware training and certification that you think I might be able to help you with - vmtraining.blog@gmail.com

Please note that any opinion expressed on this blog is mine personally, and not that of VMware.

16 comments:

  1. Great Blog. Answered a whole bunch of questions for me. Please keep the good work going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took VCP trainig from authorized training partner which listed on vmware web site and its almost 25 days has gone i have not received any vmware id or any information regarding my trainig from Vmware the institute guys are always asking me that you will receive email in few days. what i should do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What are you expecting to receive? VMware would normally only email you in relation to certification rather than training.

      Delete
  3. Hi Scott, can you help with an authorized vmware training center in delhi?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can search for a VATC here:

      http://mylearn.vmware.com/mgrreg/locations.cfm?ui=www_edu

      Delete
  4. Hi Scott ,

    I have done vmware training from in mumbai from some classes who were providing the vmware couses . I have clear VCP5-dcv on 29th oct 2013 for that 75% discount code but i have not received the certificate now. I have mail the certification email they told methat i have to complete training from authorized learning centre then only i will get my certification.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. VCP5-DCV does have an "authorised training" requirement, so if your training wasn't one of the qualifying courses delivered by a recognised learning partner you might have a problem.

      You can find out about the training requirement and where you can take the training here:

      http://mylearn.vmware.com/mgrReg/plan.cfm?plan=12457&ui=www_cert

      Delete
  5. Hi Scott, I intend to offer VMware courses at my own company. How should I go about it?
    I need to get certified first, then do I need to get approval from which centre?
    Can list the steps I need to take?


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To offer official VMware courses your company would need to be a VATC and you would need to be a VCI. The intention of the VATC program is for you to offer training commercially to VMware customers and partners, rather than to you own internal employees. I would suggest that you email education@vmware.com

      Delete
  6. hello sir ,
    this is prakash from chennai .can you help me VM WARE AUTHORISED TRAINING CENTER IN CHENNAI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can search for training centres on the VMware website: https://mylearn.vmware.com/mgrreg/locations.cfm?ui=www_edu

      Delete
  7. Hello Scott,

    I am currently working at a BPO as Technical Support Associate. VMWare certifications have been on my mind for a while and I would be very interested in pursuing these but I'm not familiar at all with what they offer and what they require. Any general advice on where to start or things I should be aware of before taking up the course is much appreciated. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This would be a great start point: http://mylearn.vmware.com/portals/certification/

      Delete
  8. nice work Scott, keep up the good work!

    Wass

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Scott,

    I have a training institute in bangalore, would like to know the process to become a vmware authorised training partner..please guide me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Drop me an email - vmtraining.blog@gmail.com

      Delete